Thoughts on fashion, beauty and tips on becoming a Domestic Goddess on the way

http://theoliviajane.blogspot.co.uk/

Thursday 3 July 2014

Something isn't right...

I recently woke up one morning and thought i'am cheating myself. 

My job 'isn't me', I want to achieve more, I want to push myself and challenge myself. I have always been happier when I'am working against a challenge and juggling all sorts. So why did I stop that? I'am  going into this role everyday because it is 'what I should be doing'.

So I did it. I resigned. I have left a good company, a very well paid role, a great set of work colleagues and jumped from this very stable position into what felt like the abyss. And I feel on top of the world because of it. Solidly for at least a month I applied and applied and applied. For anything along as it is in where i want to be.. Fashion (of course). After four weeks of working my notice, applying for roles, going on holiday, attending several interviews all over England and feeling like superwoman (a very tired superwoman emotionally and physically). 
I have finally got to a place I want to be, need to be and thrive in being. 

   My generous colleagues spoilt me with leaving presents....   


Monday, I start a new role working in Whitechapel, London as a Marketing and Sales Intern for Hemyca. Yes the dreaded 'internship' in which pay isn't an option. However I cannot wait. If it means less time in Zara and Whistles because of it. So be it! I feel a great wave of excitement, a new chapter in my life story, new people and influences. 


I will keep you updated!

Love Olivia Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment