Thoughts on fashion, beauty and tips on becoming a Domestic Goddess on the way

http://theoliviajane.blogspot.co.uk/

Sunday 16 March 2014

Giving a little back


Skincare is the most important item to invest in. You can't exchange or return your skin like clothes and shoes. It is with you for life. It protects you from all harsh elements. We should return the favour.

I will be posting weekly on different products and brands. 

This week is 'repairing your skin'.
So last night me and my girlfriends indulged ourselves with dinner at Jamie Oliver's. 
Served with prosecco (My favourite), As the night came we boogied like Beyonce in 'Crazy in Love' (well tried to!).
Today my skin was looking tired and dehydrated. With no time to get a facial here are some quick steps I use to repair my skin.

Jump in a hot shower so the steam opens up your pores

Massage a hot cloth cleanser into you skin in circular movements 
I usually use Liz Earle but have changed to No7 as it was a little too harsh for me and began to strip my skin. 
                             
   
Use a damp Muslim cloth (most come with these) and wipe away all the dirt and grime. Repeat if necessary. Tip: make sure the cloths are regularly cleaned to prevent any breakouts.

                             
    
Once you are out of the shower pat your skin dry with a clean towel. And wipe lightly a toner soaked cotton wool pad. You have now closed your pores. Tip: tone everytime to cleanse this is to prevent the build up of blackheads.

                              
   
Lastly, use a hydrating cream
I use Clarins hydra quench mask. Pop on a thickish layer, let this soak in over night and Ta Da! Healthy glowing skin.

                                

With love 

Olivia Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment