Thoughts on fashion, beauty and tips on becoming a Domestic Goddess on the way

http://theoliviajane.blogspot.co.uk/

Tuesday 18 March 2014

'The Importance of the brush'

A make up artist recently told me how her make up brushes are the most important tools in her kit.
I completely agree. 


Angled brushes are great for the contoured look (will be posting on this soon!).
To start off your brush set start with the basics. Foundation, bronzer an eyeshadow. 
Using my foundation brush whilst applying makes it last alot longer and looks much more natural.

        


 Tip: clean your brushes monthly. I use MAC brush cleanser this maintains and prevents breakouts. Use lukewarm water instead of hot water (as it causes them to malt).

Brushes can be expensive but there is a huge range out there at affordable prices.
Splash out- MAC brushes are my favourite (slightly more pricey)
Budget- Real techniques.


With love

Olivia Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment